We’re sorry we’ve been slacking about posting on the blog lately. Eric is busy with work and Christi is consumed with the book. Things are progressing smoothly with the new editor, but we have discovered that editing is a more time consuming process than we had realized. The book is still on track for this month, and once it is done, we’ll try to get the blog caught up to real time.
We also wanted to remind everyone that we are speaking at Trawlerfest on March 7th from 1430 – 1530. And, we have a very fun stunt planned for the Springtime, so stay tuned for it.
Sadly, things did not work out with the editor we selected. Last week we found a new editor, and so far, things are progressing well with her. We are on track to have the book out in February (knock on wood). We have decided on a definite name for the book: “The Unexpected Circumnavigation: Unusual Boat, Unusual People — Part 1: San Diego to Australia”. We’ll keep you posted as things progress.
We chose a great editor for the book, but he is doing the editing for us on the side from his regular full time job. Unfortunately, we didn’t get the book to him until shortly before Thanksgiving, and with all the holiday festivities, he has not had a chance to finish the editing yet. Once he is done, we will send it to the printer. There will be about a two week window between the printer receiving it and it being available for purchase. It is so close!
Meanwhile, we have several more blog stories coming: our trip to Yosemite, The Nordhavn Southwest Rendezvous, The San Diego Maritime Museum, another haul out, a trip to Phoenix, and blog Q & A. However, Eric is also so busy at work and with all the holiday goings on that he doesn’t have time to read over and post the stories, either. But, hopefully soon! Also, we are planning something big and fun for next spring, and as the details start to come together on it, we’ll let you know.
We are struggling with a book title. What do you all think of “Kosmic Voyage: Unexpected Boat, Unexpected People”? Does anyone have any other suggestions?
Volume 1, of the yet untitled book covering San Diego to Australia will hopefully be ready to purchase soon. Many people have asked us why they should buy our book if they can read our blog for free. Here are a few good reasons:
- Prologue: How we formed the dream and the early planning stages.
- The entire 21 day passage from San Diego to Nuka Hiva has been re-written. At that point, the blog was in real time and we didn’t want people to worry about us. But the truth was that it was tough!
- Many new stories from the journey – And there are some really good ones!
- In Retrospect sections with great insights — so you can see the situation through the eyes of a newbie as we learn, while simultaneously seeing the same situation through the eyes of experience.
- Streamlined stories – some complained our posts were too long and detailed, and the book is a condensed version they will enjoy more.
- Formatting is first person, through Christi’s eyes – Some complained they didn’t like the third person format, so they will enjoy the book more.
- Actual dates on each post. On the blog, the dates are not real time, which is a significant piece of information for anyone hoping to follow in our footsteps.
- All profits will go to our cruising fund. The more books we sell, the sooner you can start reading about our next journey! So, buy one and get all your friends to buy one, too!